Saturday, March 25, 2006

Follow My Golf Season - 2006


I thought it would be kind of fun to log an entire season of playing golf.... all the ups and downs, so to speak. Some details of my play in Palm Springs, in February and March, are on our personal blog. That is where I write about our life in general. This blog will be just about golf.

We have our first official 2006 18-Hole Ladies Division event at Three Lakes Golf Course (my home course) next Thursday, March 30th, so thought it would be a good time to set-up this blog. I've never logged an entire season before, so will be interesting to see how it develops. It's my hope to write details of each and every game (whether I like it or not), and maybe I'll learn something about myself and my game. And, I can share my experiences from the different courses I play over a season.

The last day we were in Palm Springs, I had a club fitting session. I'm in the market for a new set of irons. I haven't made the committment to buy yet, but seriously considering it. Will let you know what happens with that. If I do it, it should be early in the season.

For those of you who don't know me, my current handicap is around 12 or 13. I didn't play much last year because I was so busy working (selling real estate), so I didn't really keep that close of track. I was down to a 10 for a period of time a couple years ago, but that was when I was playing quite a bit more. I have a friend who told me I could be a single digit handicapper if I would practice... but I don't want to practice much. I will go to the driving range before a tournament but, in general, when I have time to go to the course I want to play a real game with my friends. Although I am extremely competitive, I really enjoy the social aspect of the game. I love playing with good players, but not if they're too serious and can't have some fun on the course. I'd rather play with a 40 handicapper if they are fun to be with.

I also enjoy going to other courses and getting matched up with whoever comes along. The good thing about being a 13 handicapper is I'm comfortable with being good enough to play with just about anyone without embarassing myself... or frustrating them with slow play. I know golf course etiquette, so can just relax and have a good time getting to know someone new and enjoy playing a new course.

That's it for today. I'll check in again soon!
Carol



1 comment:

Mr Business Golf said...

Carol,

Great to hear from you. The golf journal is a good idea.
I was in Spokane in spring of 2000 and played a couple of courses there (I cannot remember their names, one was a muni and the other was an Hale Irwin design) both were absolutely great courses. It was my first time to play any golf courses that far north. I will keep in touch.
There is an online group based out of Seattle that you might want to look into. BizNik.com would be a great place to place all of your blog stuff.
Keep in touch.
Scot Duke
President
Innovative Business Golf Solutions, LLC.
scot.duke@innovativebusinessgolf.com
www.innovativebusinessgolf.com
214 549-0306

Author of: ‘How To Play Business Golf’, From The Boardroom To The Fairways…
The best investment you can make for your business…
http://www.innovativebusinessgolf.com/business_golf/cb_order.html