Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Day At The Highlander Golf Course


Today I had the unexpected opportunity to play golf with Greg Grahn, the financial analyst for Liberty Financial Services. Greg spoke at a real estate investment seminar in Wenatchee last night and asked for a golf course recommendation. Well, I had to do a little better than that. I generously offered to take time off work and play with him.

Since it was seniors men's day at Three Lakes, I made an 8:30 tee time at The Highlander Golf Course in East Wenatchee, directly across the Columbia River from my home course of Three Lakes.

As described on their website, "The Highlander Golf Club is a classic Highlands Scottish golf course true to the land and heritage of Scottish links style golf. The club, open to the public, truly sits atop a cliff edge nearly 900 feet above the famed Columbia River as it winds its way through canyons and gorges to the Pacific Ocean nearly 450 river miles to the West."

Greg & I got matched up with a very nice retired couple from Juneau, Alaska. Pictured above are, from left to right: Tim, Greg & Barb.

It took me the first nine holes to figure out the speed of the greens, which were very fast. I knew I had to score no worse than a 5 on the par 4 18th hole in order to break 90... and I did get a bogey 5, for an 89 for the day. Greg beat me with an 86.

No comments: