Thursday, June 15, 2006

Golf At Lakeview G&CC


Score today: 87

Today Lakeview Golf & Country Club (in Soap Lake) hosted the June event for our Apple Valley Women's Golf Association. This is a fun, challenging and well maintained course. It was a beautiful, sunny, day after an unsettled week of weather.

Today's schedule called for my home club to play competition against the Wenatchee Golf & Country Club.

My playing partner from Three Lakes Public Golf Course today, was Ruth Toler (center). Ruth is a bus driver for our local Link Transit system, but tries hard to get these team golf days off. TheWenatchee G&CC players were Pat Terry (left) and Dellas Herring (right). Pat has had back, neck and foot problems over the years, but still manages to carry a 7 handicap at the very difficult Wenatchee Golf & Country Club. Dellas used to play with us at Three Lakes, but defected to the Country Club this year. When Dellas was at Three Lakes, she & I often played these team events as partners (not competitors). She used to love watching me use my lob wedge, but isn't so fond of it anymore. :-)

Considering I've only played golf once in the last month, I wasn't unhappy with my overall score today. I had some errant (hook) tee shots into the nasty rough. The good news is: I've gotten rid of my natural slice. For the most part, I played pretty decent... considering I have only played this course a couple of times.

My driving was the most inconsistent, but I had some boomers... "two bun-ers" as Dellas calls them. My putting was really quite good and the greens were fast! My iron game was o.k.

It was a very fun day. Next team event is in Leavenworth on July 14th. Not sure when my next play will be. Maybe next Thursday with the Three Lakes Ladies Club.

No comments: