Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Day at Lake Chelan Golf Course

Score: 92

My golfing friends today:
Gail, Janet, Ruth (and me)

The score of 92 may not sound very good but, after a 50 on the front nine, a 42 on the back was somewhat of a redemption... and, I'm ashamed to admit, I was happy to get away with a 92. At one point I was just hoping to break 100. I was hoping the month long lay-off would do me good, but it didn't seem to help. Oh Well. My work has been keeping me too busy and I've got to figure out a way to play once a week or, at the very lease, once every two weeks from here on out. I worried that, before I know it, winter will be here and the season will be over.

Overall, my game wasn't glaringly bad today. My main problem of the day was adjusting to the speed of the greens. Each green seemed different and I just couldn't seem to figure out what to do about it. My putting stroke wasn't bad, but my brain was confused about what to do on the greens.

The score aside, I had a very fun day playing with this group! My friend, Ruth Collins, is the one who invited me to play as her guest in their annual Member/Guest Invitational. Ruth and I have gotten to know each other over the years from various events and always enjoy being together. She is one of those people who can keep golf in perspective as a way to get out and have fun with out regard to the score. Gail and Janet were great to play with too. We had more than a few laughs on the way around the course.

Lake Chelan Golf Course is in a beautiful setting overlooking the deep blue Lake Chelan. Rumor has it, the bottom of Lake Chelan has never been determined in some places. Anyway, this golf course is fun to play... with long par 5's and challenging par 3's. Even some of the par 4's require some strategy in ball placement. If you've never played this course, I highly recommend it.

Next game: Tomorrow at Leavenworth (July Team event)

No comments: