Thursday, May 11, 2006

2006 Golden Apple Tournament













Today was the annual Three Lakes Ladies club Golden Apple Tournament. We always get lots of gals from other clubs to come play and it's a lot of fun. The organizers always do a great job and everyone has a good time.

In spite of 3 out-of-bounds drives and an unplayable lie (which is equivalent to 8 strokes in penalties), I shot a 91. It didn't put me in contention for any of the scoring prizes, but I did win long drive on #8... a beauty smack tab down the middle of the fairway. It was probably my best drive of the day, and it came at just the right time. The ironic thing is, since I'd been having so much trouble with my driver, I narrowed my stance and shorted my back swing considerably to just keep it in the fairway. I also won a little money for being one of only 7 people in the field (of 88) who drove the green on #7.

Regardless of the scores, I enjoyed the group I was playing with (from left to right): Olive Ruff from the Yakima Elks Club, Ruth Collins from Lake Chelan Golf Club and Sue Chin from the Wenatchee Country Club. Remember, you can always click on images in this blog to enlarge.

Next game: Tomorrow at Lake Chelan (monthly AVWGA team event).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol,
I would like to get in touch with Olive Ruff, would you help me?
My name is Ricardo Amorim, I am brazilian and I had the opportunity to meet her family 20 years ago in Yakima, when I was an exchange student.
My email is rpga@uol.com.br
Thansk if you can sent this incredible smart and friendly lady my email.
Ricardo