Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wenatchee Golf & Country Club Spring Fling


Today I played in the 49th annual Wenatchee Golf & Country Club Spring Fling. "Flail" (not fling) would be a better description of my golf today. I actually putted very well, but the rest of my game left a lot to be desired.

My playing buddies today were, from left to right: Gerrie Holfeldt (member of the hosting Wenatchee Golf & Country Club), Gail Bender (member at Lake Chelan Municipal Golf Course), and Chips Hulett (member at my home course of Three Lakes Public Golf Course). I took this photo early in the round while everyone was still smiling. :-) Remember, you can always click on the blog photos to enlarge them.

The rough at the Country Club is not particularly long, but very thick. When you get in there, you've just got to take your medicine, waste a shot, and punch out... and it's not always that simple. With low hanging tree limbs, it's not always easy to get the ball high enough to get into the fairway without risk of catching the tree branches. You just have to stay in the fairway to score well on this course. I did not do that today.

95 was the number of the day! 95 was the recorded temperature, a record for this date in history for Wenatchee. It is unbeieveable that we are getting temperatures this high in May. The rest of the week is forecast to continue warm but not quite as hot. 95 was also my final score. Baaaad.

I've come to the conclusion that I must play at least 2 times per week to achieve and maintain my expected scores in the 80's. I haven't checked the calendar, but I can't be averaging over 1 game per week, if that. So, guess I need to figure out how to play more... or get used to (and accept) the higher scores.

Next game: Not sure (maybe Thursday for Ladies league)

No comments: