Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Doctor's Orders


Another beautiful day in the Wenatchee Valley. As a result of my recent medical tests, the doctor has ordered me to get more exercise... so I'll be an obedient patient and play more golf! He is giving me three months to get my cholesterol down, so it will mean playing as much golf as possible and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. If that doesn't work, we'll resort to something more drastic (drugs). I've been needing some prodding to get back on my diet... so this is it!

My foursome today consisted of me (left), Janet, Linda, and Darlene. They all know I'm blogging (or is that flogging?) my way through the golf season. I always promise not to write about anyone's game except mine... unless they want me to. Linda gave me permission to tell you she birdied #10 (a long par 5) and Darlene parred #18, with an excellent one putt.

We played the back nine twice today because they were plugging and sanding the front nine. The back nine had been sanded yesterday, so they were pretty rough but still playable.

I've convinced myself that I didn't putt as well today because of the rough greens. It's MY story, so I'm sticking with it. I had 33 (16 + 17) putts today, which is more than the last two rounds but my overall score was better. 42 the first time around, 38 the second time around for a combined 80. I struggled through the first nine, with only two pars (#17 & #18). I had several pars on the back nine, and birdied the par 3 #18. I didn't have a single double bogey today which is great!

I was definitely doing better on the fairway shots and I wasn't getting in "trouble". The one tree I did get behind had a ribbon on it, so I got a free drop, giving me a clear shot to the green.

Had a good time. Next scheduled game: Thursday's regular play day.

No comments: