Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Guest Day at Wenatchee Golf & Country Club


It has become a tradition for my friend, Donna Long, to invite me to the Wenatchee Golf & Country Club's ladies division annual Member / Guest Day. Today was the day. The Country Club is a longer and more difficult course than my home course of Three Lakes, and the greens are much much much faster! The course was in excellent shape, but it was very hot today. We all pretty much had the energy zapped out of us by the last few holes.

We had a fun group to play with. From left to right are: Karen Schmitten, Kay Fuson, and Donna Long.

Donna and I met through team golf several years ago... she playing for the Country Club and me playing for Three lakes. Our skill level is very similar and we enjoy playing together. I had never met Karen before, but really enjoyed being around her. I had played with Kay once before at a Three Lakes ladies day event earlier in the season. Kay is a retired school principal, Donna is a 3rd grade teacher and I think Karen is in some field of education administration. We never really talked about that. Hopefully, we will play together again sometime and I can learn a little more about her career.

As for my game, I was hitting the ball well, but my score ( 91 ) wasn't all that great. Of course, the 6, 7, 6 on the last three holes shot down my hopes of breaking 90 for the day. My energy was pretty well gone and my ball control went with it. The good news is I didn't spend much time at all in the rough, which is a very good thing... because the Country Club rough is very thick and can eat up strokes in a hurry.

I came home and took a long cool shower.

Next game: Thursday - First round of the Club Championship for the Three Lakes Ladies 180-hole division.

-Carol

No comments: