Friday, July 14, 2006

Team Golf At Leavenworth Golf Club


Pictured (left to right): Lola, Chips, Marianne

Friday was our monthly "Team" golf event which was hosted by Leavenworth this month. Our Three Lakes team played our matches against Lakeview (out of Soap Lake). The ladies to the left in blue are from Lakeview and our worthy opponents. They were playing pretty darned good and made Chippy and me work for every single point. When the day was over, Lakeview did very well against all three of our teams.

My score of the day was 87, which was decent considering I had played only one other game over the last month (in Chelan the day before). My drives were inconsistent but the rest of my game was decent.

Leavenworth is a beautiful course, with tight (tree-lined) fairways and the Icicle River running along the edges in places. It is a course where "control" is a key factor. It is, essentially, carved out of a forest of trees and there is plenty of trouble if you don't stay in the fairway. I am proud to say I wasn't in the trees one single time on this day. My first drive of the day on a long par 5 was a goofy shot pulled into the left rough. I managed to recover, though, and scored a 5 to save par. I had a beautiful approach shot from about 100 yards out, leaving me a short par putt. Oh... those 1 putts do cover up a lot of sins!

I love all the flowers they maintain on this course. To the right is just a sample of some of the flower gardens. Fairway 10 in the background. Makes for more pleasant waiting during slow play. Play, however, moved right along on this day. We were so pleased to get finished in about 4 hours and 15 minutes. Generally, team play take close to 5 hours which can get a little frustrating.

A fun day on a fun course, with pleasant company.
-Carol

No comments: