Thursday, July 20, 2006

Three Lakes Ladies Guest Day 2006


Today was the Three Lakes Ladies Guest Day. Pictured here, with the par 3 #18 fairway and green in the background, are the ladies I played with today. The weather was hot, but I enjoyed playing with this group. Fortunately, the course has plenty of trees and we were seeking shade by the second hole of the day. We all ran out of steam the last few holes.


From left to right: Nancy Vail, Dorothy McIntire (my guest), and Sharon Nance. Sharon is also a member at Three Lakes and Nancy was her guest. Dorothy and her husband, Bud, live in Palm Springs, but come to Wenatchee in the summer to visit family (and to get away from the summer heat in P.S.). Dorothy and I play together quite a bit at Cathedral Canyon Country Club (where they live) when Max & I go to Palm Springs in February. Dorothy and Bud are also members of the Wenatchee Golf & Country Club in East Wenatchee.

My game today was the best I've had for a while. My final score was 82 but I added a stroke to my score for posting because I took a mulligan, which was allowed for the team best ball competition. I had a few duffed chip shots but, otherwise, played a pretty good game. I even got my fairway woods to cooperate. I forgot to count putts, but my putting was good.

My biggest challenge right now is calculating yardage with my irons. Steve Creps who fit me for some new custom irons (which I haven't ordered yet) showed me how to torque my body to get more distance and accuracy. When I do this properly, the ball flies a lot further and I haven't played enough this year to really figure out what the yardage is for each club. Heaven forbid I should get desperate enough to go to the driving range and work on that!

Next game: Next Tuesday at the Wenatchee Golf & Country Club for their ladies guest day

No comments: